We are all finding our way on Discourse. Currently I think we have:
- toplevel discussion like this
- a number of "categories" created by the manager/s. Examples are "Communities", "Software"
- a number of (sub)categories such as "Communities|Phylogeny" "Software|getpapers"
These are known to the system and (relatively) immutable. I suspect we have to ask a manager to create/delete them.
Within a subcategory there are "topics" (rather like Threads). We should choose titles for new Threads meaningfully. I suspect we need a fairly universal set of introductory topics for each subcategory. For example I have created topics:
- Jenkins resources for phylogeny - build and deployment
- Github resources for phylogeny
These will be common to some other Communities|subcategories (and some of the material might be elevated to the parent "Communities section").
It's always difficult at this stage to know what the right structure/s are.